ACS is pleased to extend its existing patrol coverage of Carthay Circle to include South Carthay with the hopes that with both neighborhoods combined there will be enough subscribers to maintain the maximum amount of patrol. As with our agreement with Carthay Circle, should Carthay Square wish to be added to the patrol beat, ACS will expand the patrol coverage to include them as well.
ACS will contract with each household directly for the dedicated patrol services, and collect the fees in the amount of $40/month from each subscriber. The South Carthay Neighborhood Association is not a party to such contracts and subscription is voluntary. Per our agreement with ACS, for (60) days starting January 2015 (upon South Carthay Board approval), ACS will provide at no cost to us an armed security officer in our neighborhood (6) hours/day, (7) days a week. The armed security officer will drive by each home that subscribes several times a day.
During this period, ACS will mail this letter( in addition, we will mail South Carthay’s letter of endorsement) to every home in South Carthay and solicit signups.
If by the end of the 60-day period 90 homes from Carthay Circle, South Carthay and Carthay Square sign up for the patrol service, ACS will increase the service to (8) hours for another (30) days. When (120) homes subscribe to the patrol service, ACS will increase coverage to (10) hours a day.
If fewer than (90) homes sign up for the patrol service, the number of hours ACS will patrol will be reduced. However, the monthly price will not change.
Final patrol hours will be determined using this as a formula:
For every (16.66) subscribers ACS will provide (1) hour of patrol.
(133.33) subscribers= (8) hours
(266.66) subscribers= (16) hours
(400) subscribers= (24) hours
ACS has agreed to provide the following as part of the dedicated patrol services:
1. ACS patrol driver will respond to calls from subscribers in case of emergency or any other concern and will inspect the residence and premises if so authorized by the subscriber. ACS will call the proper authorities in case of emergency or criminal activities in the area.
2. ACS will provide vacation check and patrol car escort services to subscribers if requested to do so by the subscriber.
3. ACS will assist in minor medical emergencies such as helping to lift a patient into a wheel chair or out of a bathtub.
4. ACS will assist in traffic control as necessary.
5. The drivers will be First Aid and CPR trained.
In addition to the dedicated patrol services, an optional competitively priced alarm monitoring service is available from ACS.
Offer for Residents that Switch Alarm Monitoring Service to ACS:
Existing alarm systems can be reprogrammed to communicate to the ACS Central Station. For South Carthay residents that have an existing alarm system and elect to switch their alarm monitoring services to ACS, ACS will offer alarm monitoring services for a discounted rate of $28.00 per month, excluding extended service agreements. Furthermore, in the event a resident has an agreement with an alarm monitoring company that is lower than $28/month, ACS will match the existing fee agreement.
Offer for Residents that do not currently have an Alarm System: During the 90-day security patrol service trial period, ACS will provide patrol service subscribers with the following offer:
1. Free installation of a new alarm system. ACS will offer a basic system to subscribers with a monitoring agreement at a cost of $32/month (in addition to the $40.00/month for the patrol service). The system will include up to 8 door/window contacts, 1 motion detector, 1 keyfob and a control panel/key pad.
2. Interactive services (smartphone control of the system, text alerts and push notifications through www.alarm.com) are available for an additional $49.00 installation plus an additional monitoring cost of $9.95 per month.
3. 20% discount for additional alarm system upgrades and additional protection.
(Note: With an alarm system, subscribers may also save a significant amount – up to 20% in some cases – on homeowners insurance).